In Turkey we use yoghurt as part of many sauces. We also cook with yoghurt in different dishes.
This cauliflower dish is one of them.
We boil cauliflower to soften it little bit and mix it with spring onions, yoghurt sauce topped with cheese and finish it in the oven.
Cauliflower Casserole with Yoghurt Sauce
- 1 small head Cauliflower florets florets separated
- water with salt
- 3-4 green onions cut in small pieces
- 1 cup plain Turkish/Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp flour all purpose
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- shredded or sliced Mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper, paprika
- Boil cauliflower florets for about 2-3 minutes in the water with salt in a big pot.
- Drain and place them in an oven dish..Add chopped green onions to the dish
- Whisk the all sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour over the florets and green onion mix.
- Sprinkle the cheese and red peppers on top.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Cook it until the top is a light golden colour.
- Serve with extra yoghurt