Turkish homes use vegetables more than meat. We also make lots of different vegetable salads. This recipe uses root of the celery with yoghurt sauce combines with walnuts.
It is a healthy side dish that you can eat with your main dishes. It is also served as meze.
I serve it next to Green Lentil Dish, they combine each other very well and creates a complete nutritious meal.
Celery Root Salad with Yoghurt Sauce
- 1 medium root celery
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt (taste and add more salt if you need)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cups crushed walnuts
- Peel and grate celery root
- Put it in lemon water until sauce is ready
- If you have time turn and cook grated celery in the saute pan 3-4 minutes after you drain it. This process will remove much of the moisture and will make celery root tastier and more digestible. But you can skip this step and still have a delicious salad
- Combine yoghurt, mayonnaise, garlic and salt
- Add celery root to the sauce
- Finally add crushed walnuts
- You can serve it with extra virgin olive oil and extra walnuts