Lahmacun is one of the dishes that we out in kebab restaurants. It is not very typical home food since we can find it everywhere easily and cheap.
But if there are no kebab restaurants around and want to make it at home , this recipe will give you kebab restaurant taste and quality.
We basically mix ground beef with tomato, peppers, onion, garlic, parsley and herbs and add this mix to the dough and cook it in the non-stick pan
You can make the mix couple hours ahead
You can make the lahmacun into smaller sizes too as mezes
Turkish Meat Flatbread-Lahmacun-Recipe
- 500 gr ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bid red pepper
- 2-3 cloves green peppers mix with different kinds
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/3 bunch parsley
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp pepper paste use extra tomato paste if you cant find this
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Puree onion, garlic, peppers and tomatoes in a food processor
- Add parsley and keep mixing all ingredients in the food processor.
- Put ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add pureed vegetable mix to the beef.
- Add rest of the ingredients: Tomato paste, pepper paste( if you have), vegetable oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and red pepper flakes. Mix all ingredients with hand. The mix will be very watery, dont worry. This is something we want. If your mix is dry add oil or water.
- Keep the mix in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the lahmacun. You can make this mix couple hours ahead.
- Mix salt, water and flour and knead well. Divide it into 8-9 pieces, each piece should come about 90 gram or so
- Rest the dough at least 20 minutes.
- Roll each dough as thin as it can get, make sure it is not broken and add the mixture with your hands.
- Heat large non-stick pan and add the dough into the pan and cook it at the low heat about 7-8 minutes until everything is cooked
- Serve it with parsley, onions and lemon