This is another stew recipes that we cook at homes frequently in winter. We cook this stew with beef but we also cook it without meat with red pepper and rice.
If you like spicy food, add chili pepper when cooking or you can serve it later with red pepper flakes.
I personally eat yogurt with it 🙂
Turkish White Cabbage with Meat Recipe (Kapuska)
- 1 medium white cabbage
- 300 gr ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Chop white cabbage roughly.
- Start heating butter and olive oil in a large saucepan.Chop onions finely and add onions to the pan. Mix onions with the oil and cook until onions gets pinky.
- Add ground beef and cook ground beef until its color changes. Then Add tomato paste and mix everything together well
- Add cabbage with 1 cups of water at this point.After cabbage has become soft add other spices and 1 cups of warm water
- Cook this stew until cabbage has cooked through
- Serve it with yoghurt