One of my favorite soups that my mom used to make for us. Super delicious, healthy and easy to make.
Make sure you use good Greek yoghurt with less amount of water
Turkish Yoghurt Soup with Mint Butter (Yayla Corbasi)
- 6 cups of water you can use meat, vegetable or plain water
- 1/2 cup rice washed and drained
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups plain Greek Yoghurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup milk optional
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp dry mint
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Wash rice with warm water and drain
- Mix rice, water and salt in a pot and cook it on medium heat until rice is cooked through
- Mix yoghurt, egg yolk, flour and milk (if you are using)in a bow. Mix very well.
- After rice is done, start to add some of the warm water to the yoghurt mix. Start very slowly to make sure you do not heat yoghurt mix to quickly.
- Add yoghurt mixture to the pot slowly and cook this mixture 10 minutes at low heat
- Melt the butter on skillet and add dry mint
- Add this mint butter to the pot
- If you are using add red pepper flakes to the pot
- Serve hot