Mücver is a very popular zucchini patties that we eat as meze at homes and restaurants. It is usually made with fresh dill but my version uses fresh mint and parsley , you can use the herb you like..I actually learned this version from a very popular Greek restaurant in San Francisco , Kokkari.See the recipe below .
Turkish Zucchini Patties Mucver Recipe
- 3-4 zucchini
- 1 small white or yellow onion
- 220 grams 220 grams feta cheese or manouri cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/4 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil mixed with 1/2 cup canola oil -mint yoghurt sauce.
- Mint yoghurt sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- salt and pepper
- Grate zucchini and onion, add salt, put it in a cheesecloth and wait it for 30 minutes on a colander.
- After 30 minutes squeeze extra water as much as possible
- Add cheese and mix
- Add all other ingredients except bread crumbs and eggs
- Add 1/4 cup bread crumbs and 2 tbsp beaten egg..You can use more bread crumbs or egg depending on your texture ..If mixture too sticky add bread crumbs and if it is too dry add more egg.-Mix it all..
- Divide the mixture into 12. Roll each piece in the bread crumbs
- Heat the oil and fry each piece until each side changes color .
- To make the yoghurt mint sauce: Fold all ingredients except dried mint to yogurt , we do not mix it ..then add dried mint at the top..Bon appetite .